Monday, April 7, 2008

TORMENTED - Albert Glasser/Calvin Jackson/ Margie Rayburn - "Tormented Trilogy" (1960)

Albert Glasser did most of the music for this Bert I. Gordon classic, but as the credits state, there are "additional modern jazz sequences" by Calvin Jackson, and the "Tormented" song is sung by Margie Rayburn! Born in Madera, Calif., Margie is generally considered a one hit wonder, because she had a pop single, "I'm Available" go to #9 in the Billboard charts in 1957. The songs "I'm Available" and "Tormented" have nothing in common at all, which proves Margie had a number of styles at her disposal! 
 
If you haven't seen this movie, the problem is Juli Reding as Vi, the singer of "Tormented" in the movie, is dead, and she and her music just won't go away and stop bothering poor Richard Carlson! I mean it's not like he pushed her! 
 
How ironic that she recorded a song called "Tormented" and that's just what she's doing to him. What are the odds of that? Bad luck on his part I'd say! 
 
Like one Vi wasn't bad enough!!! I don't think this is the kind of three way he was dreaming about!! 
 
I don't really get what the big deal is, I think anybody could get used to Vi setting around after awhile. Maybe he should just drill a hole in her head and stick some flowers in there, she might make a pretty good talking vase! Here's what we call the "Tormented Trilogy"!! Music from at least three scenes, and it really does sound like it was recorded in a lighthouse with some bad acoustics!! SOUNDCLIP NOT AVAILABLE

2 comments:

KRENG said...

Thanks an awfull lot for all the hard work you do. I check your blog very often and it's always a place of excitement!

May you find the force to keep writing this blog untill the day the earth stood still!

KRENG

Greg Goodsell said...

I dig the theremin as the ghost disrupts the wedding ceremony --

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??