Wednesday, April 9, 2008

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE - Gordon Zahler - " I Saw A Flying Saucer!" (1959)

The music in "Plan 9 From Outer Space" is stock music from at least 12 different composers, so I guess the credits go to the guy who put the puzzle all together, Gordon Zahler. First off, we've got Criswell and the theme! 
 
Then there's some decent big band from the background music in the patio BBQ scene. "I don't think I've ever seen you in this mood before!" 
 
 The movie from last night, "Creation Of The Humanoids" and tonights film "Plan 9 From Outer Space" both had an actor with the best stage name ever, Dudley Manlove! In this film, he is "Eros" and in "Humanoids" he plays a clicker named Lagan. Costume design by none other than Dick Chaney!! Practically everything else was done by Edward D. Wood Jr. The rest has all been said before! 
 
Talk about life imitating art, I guess they knew this would happen someday!! R.I.P. Vampira!!!

1 comment:

Greg Goodsell said...

Does anybody remember when they used to air clips from "Plan 9" on Late Night with David Letterman waaaaay back in the Eighties?

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??