Thursday, January 17, 2008

ZOMBIES ( I Eat Your Skin) - Lon E. Norman - "Voodoo Love Etc" (1964)

The daily routine of this blog is a lot of work. It's starting to wear me down and I think they're going to come and take me away, ha,ha, to the looney bin here real soon unless I take a break. I do believe I hear The Islands calling my name, so let's all go back to the joyous festivities and fun of Del Tenney's "I Eat Your Skin." Okay, so this film was actually shot in Florida, but that's just going to have to do! This film is mandatory viewing for any of you tribal/zombie/mad doctor/voodoo/islands fans out there, and it's pretty easy to get your hands on a copy. Mahalo ya'll!! 
 
"Oh, how she dances, I've never seen such movement in my life!" Hey, what kind of luau is this??
 The music for this love scene is the ultimate something, I can't quite put my finger on it, maybe bizarrely grandiose would describe it about right. She says "I need you" to Tom, the dude with one of the coolest widow's peaks ever, and the next thing you know the music sounds like a herd of elephants is trampling a village, and then the music gets all noodley and just fizzles out in the end with a bongo drum solo. Huh? 
 
 That was relaxing, but the time sure went by fast, it's already time to go Back to Work!!

3 comments:

Greg Goodsell said...

I like the oatmeal-stuck-to-the-face look for all of the zombies.

Max said...

Just Max again, working my way through yr back pages...

Wacky stuff on this one, guys. The first track is a real winner, love the pseudo-santeria call and response, but the smarminess of the other two bits makes me chuckle! I named the files "I Need You (Game Show Bongo Solo)" and "Shaggy Dog Mento" respectiveley.

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Max,
Thanx for diggin' thru the archives, there's so much, I've forgot about half of it myself, but the first post is as good as the last and there's 800 in between, and no end in sight! Who'd a thunk?

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??