Wednesday, May 20, 2020

R.I.P. - PETER THOMAS (December 1, 1925 – May 17, 2020)

 Well, I had something completely different planned for tonight, but I was just informed by Lord Litter in Berlin, that the great composer and Dungeon hero Peter Thomas has passed away at the age of 95 on May 17th.
Sadly, you probably won't even hear about it on the news in the U.S.
So here are some of the films, and one TV show, that Peter has scored that we have featured on this blog. Take a look, and you'll understand why I think he was one of, if not the best, soundtrack composers of all time!


1963 -  Die Weisse Spinne (The White Spider)

1969 - "Der Mann Mit Dem Glasauge" (The Man With The Glass Eye)
And that's just a taste!
Peter Thomas left us with 175 composing credits to his name, and his passing is the end of an era!
Try as they may, he will never be replaced!

6 comments:

K said...

I'd sure like to see all of those Jerry Cotton movies starring George Nader, just to hear the Peter Thomas music scores, too! :)

Peterpeter said...

Thank you for remembering Peter Thomas-truly one of the greats!

Randall Landers said...

I loved his composition for Raumpatrouille (Space Patrol). Very talented composer. Had no idea he was responsible for so many krimis as well.

EEGAH!! said...

Thanks guys! As you all know, Peter Thomas was The Man!!

Kamandi said...

My favourite of his film scores is "The Sinister Monk." What a catchy theme :)

EEGAH!! said...

"Zimmer 13" is the one I listen to all the time!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??