Wednesday, June 28, 2017

TWIN PEAKS - David Lynch - "Part 08" (2017)

 "Twin Peaks" update. Episode 08! I told my 94 year old Mom that it was safe to come back and try and watch it because there started to be a semblance of a story, but I just called her, and told her to forget I ever said that, because with episode 08, David Lynch has gone back to what he probably wanted to do all along, be extra weird! This is the 8th of 18 episodes, and if they're going to introduce a plot of some kind, I think it's about time to start!

 David Lynch can do whatever he wants because he's earned it! He has got a great eye, and what I call good taste in music! Episode 08 didn't wait until the end to throw out the music, this time, it's in the first few minutes, and for good reason, because there's not going to be time later!

 The bar crowd rocks out like a local cover band is playing 80's classics, but...............

 The hard poundin' music is actually being performed by Trent Reznor and Nine Inch Nails!

 I'm not a big Nine Inch Nails fan by any means, but this tune is absolutely prefect for this scene, and sounds great!!

 That's it for story for a good 30 or 40 minutes!  I don't really know, but I'm guessing David Lynch isn't a big fan of nuclear weapons!

 The camera heads right into the heart of the explosion for another five minutes!

 Maybe Buffalo Springfield said it best, "There's something happening here, what it is ain't exactly clear...."

 So, we go from that scene, to this scene, to the next scene and beyond without any dialogue!

 The shots are meticulous, and the attention to detail is astounding, but I still don't know what the fuck is going on, and the bad part is that I don't even care to try and find out!

 Very cool diner, but it just makes me wonder, what happened to "Twin Peaks," and where are Shelly and Norma? I was tricked you know, because before this show even aired, the info I got off of IMDB was all bogus, fake news as it were, probably all supplied by one David Lynch!

Dude levitates down from space, is pissed because he can't get a light, and becomes a murderous AM radio talk show host from Hell! I don't know about you, but I like the SubGenius version of Bob a lot better!!

 And let's not forget about the hatching of the frog bug, and the spot it decides to call home!

I don't have time to dredge around on the internet and try to find meaning to all this! If  David wants to come over to my house and drink a couple of margaritas, and explain it, then fine, but otherwise I'll just continue watching and waiting for a superficial story that isn't there, and he can keep doing whatever crazy stuff he wants, because this obviously is not about attracting viewers old or new, but I have to admit that in some perverted way, it is fun to watch!

No comments:

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??