Saturday, December 19, 2015

PEE-WEE"S PLAYHOUSE CHRISTMAS SPECIAL - Paul Reubens (1988)


 All Right, I'm over all the doom and gloom, dead Santas, and bad Santas, and I think it's about time to get into the joy and happiness of the season, and the epitome of fun, as long as you don't count that one unfortunate incident, without a doubt, is spelled Pee-wee Herman!

 It's all been done before, so let's just do this!
We love Pee-wee Herman down in The Dungeon! He's like a classic combination of Soupy Sales and Salvador Dali, or the Dalai Lama and Joan Rivers, or something like that!
Coming out next year some time should be the TV movie "Pee-wee's Big Holiday!" I don't know about you, but I can't wait! I'm sure it will be more exciting than "Star Wars!"

Mr. Paul Reubens (Pee-wee Herman) gets creds for writing and directing, so I can only imagine that he was that one who decided who he wanted to have on his special, because it takes a special mind to come up with a group of talent like this! Honestly, in mainstream America 1988, I'm kind of surprised this flew! In fact, I'd be really surprised if a show this wild would even get aired today!

CHRISTMAS!!!!  

 
Pee-wee's special is a cavalcade of talent from all kinds of genres that included the likes of :
Frankie (Beach Blanket Bingo) "Venus" Avalon................

The Whoopster..........

.........NBA All-Star Magic Johnson........

.......Disco Diva Grace (Vamp) Jones.......

............One of the classiest ladies of all times, Annette Funicello that I totally regret never trying to meet since she lived right around here.........

.....And Cher looking better than ever!!!
 

Pee-wee checks out Miss Yvonne's ornaments! Lynne Marie (Tunnel Vision, The Running Man) Stewart played Missy Vonne! She'll also be in the new Pee-wee movie! Miss Yvonne was among a host of regulars in the Playhouse like.......

......William (Blacula) Marshall as the King Of Cartoons......

.....and Lawrence (Perry White) Fishburne as Cowboy Curtis!!!


Merry Christmas from
Joan Rivers.....


The Del Rubio Triplettes!!!

LITTLE RICHARD!!

Amazing songbird cowgirl
K.D. Lang!

One of the best Claymation characters of all time!
PENNY!

The "Queen Of Outer Space,"
 Zsa Zsa Gabor!

Dazzling
Dinah Shore!

OMG,
Oprah!

And  
Charo!

With that much sexy talent on one show, I wouldn't be able to contain myself either!

Freakin' Happy, Happy, Joy, Oh Boy! Christmas is on the way!

3 comments:

TABONGA! said...

When I lived in LA in the early eighties, Frankie Avalon was the first celebrity I met, he was extremely nice..

Greg Goodsell said...

Annette Funicello, I believe, lived in this beautiful country manor right around the corner from my mom's house here in Bakersfield. She kept a low profile.

Eegah!! said...

Well, that was an interview you shouldn't have missed Greg!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??