Saturday, March 30, 2019

THE SOUNDTRACK WORK OF TOSHIYUKI HIRAOKA - (2006 - 2019)

I have another blog that features mostly 1980's and 90's cassette tape music, and my next presentation there is going to be a demo tape I got from a very gifted musician in Japan named Toshiyuki Hiraoka in the late 80's! I then remembered that my friend and DJ/Musician in Berlin, Lord Litter, recently told me that Toshi was writing soundtracks for movies these days, so I thought what better way to combine the two blogs for once!
The first of Toshi's 43 composing credits was in 2003 for a video release titled "Necro Files 2," and he has worked on many short films and videos since then. I'm just going to show you thirteen of the posters that I could find on IMDB for some of  the movies like
"Mad Cowgirl" that came out in 2006.

"Violent Blue" seen here come out in 2011.

"House Of Forbidden Secrets" escaped in 2013!

 I will readily admit that these 2000's psycho/slasher types of films are not really my favorite genre, nor have I seen any of them, but some of the names are hilarious, like
"Death-Scort Service" which came out in 2015.

"Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance" hit the streets also in 2015.

The early tapes I got from Toshiyuki usually featured just him playing guitar and bass with a drum machine, and thinking back on it, it sounded a lot like soundtrack music!
"Fiendish Fables" came out in 2016.

Toshi was very busy in 2016 working on movies like "Chaos A.D."

 Maybe if he reads this,
he'll tell us how he became the 'go to guy' for all these lurid titles like
"Cannibal Claus" in 2016.

When I first heard that Toshi was recording scores for movies, I naturally assumed they were Japanese movies, but I was sure wrong about that!
Another from 2016 was "Caged Beauty."


Because once wasn't enough, "Death-Scort Service Part 2" came out in 2017.

Now here's one I just might try and watch! What a title! From 2018,
"Wrestle Massacre!"

Set to be released in July of this year,
"Enter The Samurai" is a documentary about the making of "Samurai Cop 2: Deadly Vengeance," which by looking at the trailer, looks pretty insane!

And last but not least, what else could it be but in post production,
"CLOWNADO,"
Cursed circus clowns with power over tornadoes to wreak havoc on the world!
Okay!
You can click right here to go to the cassette blog and listen to some more of Toshiyuki's Humble beginnings!

 

2 comments:

Randall Landers said...

All of those lurid titles need some sort of coverage, guys! I mean, we got to know about Clownado!

EEGAH!! said...

Couldn't agree with you more on that one Randall, but I guess we're gonna have to wait!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??