Wednesday, May 27, 2015

DOGGONE TIRED - Tex Avery/Scott Bradley (1949)

I couldn't think of a better title to describe the way I feel  right now, so with feets and ass a draggin', here's this week's Wacko Wednesday installment of Dwrayger Dungeon, a cartoon from the brilliant comic mind of Mr. Tex Avery, "Doggone Tired!!!"

As a kid, I probably actually watched more cartoons than I did movies, maybe it had something to do with that short attention span I have! I always love to show the credits on cartoons just to show how lazy people are today! Try and do anything with only this many participants, I dare you, but back in 1949, this was all it took to make a really awesome cartoon! One of those participants was the always entertaining Mr. Scott Bradley (Not to be confused with Scott Bradlee, leader of the phenomenal group Post-Modern Jukebox!) Be sure and check out this one minute sample of musical genius from his amazing madcap comic mind!

I'm not into hunting, but it makes for a good storyline!

Here he is, our nameless hero, the hunting dog, and he's raring to go!

But the hunter is not ready yet, so it's back to the cabin to get a good night's rest, so they can take off fresh, first thing in the morning!

 
Since this is what he lives for, the hunting dog is not happy about this situation at all!

Peeking through the keyhole on this whole scene is the poor defenseless little bunny rabbit!

The poor rabbit is worried as Hell! What can he do? Then he gets an idea, he'll try and prevent the hunting dog from getting a good night's sleep, and then he'll be worthless!

First off, he tries the olde leaking faucet trick!

And when the dog tries to stop the leak? Well, let me just say that this is how my whole day has gone so far!

Sometimes I don't sleep so well myself, so it's pretty easy to identify with this dog!!  You just finally get comfortable, get settled in, and...............

It seems like there's always something to ruin it!

This record would be a number one hit in drought sticken California these days!

The rabbit will not give up! He's really taken it up a notch or two!

You can't go wrong with the olde "substitute a firecracker for a candle" routine!

Kind of painful, but at least he can finally get some sleep!

This dog is indeed Gone!!

By the time this whole ordeal is over, both of them are too tuckered out to care anymore, and so am I!
"Doggone Tired" was one of 10 cartoons on a DVD I got years ago titled "The Top 10 Forgotten Cartoons Of All Time!" Hopefully it's still available somewhere!

No comments:

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??