Saturday, March 18, 2017

THE WAR OF THE GARGANTUAS - "Aren't You Glad It's Not A Chicken Bone?" (1966)

I had something completely different planned but I got sidetracked by a bunch of Japanese videos, so I thought I'd try and have some fun tonight instead!
In the classic 1966 Japanese film, "The War Of The Gargantuas," there was one of the most memorable musical scenes in film history! It's my pleasure to present the original song, and a couple of unique covers, so here's................

                        
........"The Words Get Stuck In My Throat" by Kipp Hamilton." You have to see it to believe it!

                       
In 1977, DEVO came out with their version of "The Words Get Stuck In My Throat" sung by Booji Boy! Why was this not number one with a bullet, I have no idea!
In the 'Six degrees of Separation' Department, DEVO were in Neil Young's hilarious musical called "The Human Highway," which also co-starred Dungeon Hero Russ Tamblyn, who was also the 'American' star of "The War Of The Gargantuas," and one of the stars of what I'm currently fixated on, "Twin Peaks!"


And then in 2010, "The Words Get Stuck In My Throat" bounced back again, this time performed by Trini Lee and her band at The Tiki Tub in a 2010 "Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated" episode titled "Battle Of The Humungonauts!"

You can watch "The War Of The Gargantuas" start to finish, including this scene right here!! No strings attached, and you won't have to cough up a cent!
It's pretty sad, so just try and not get too choked up!
Thanx to all the people who posted those videos on YouTube and The Internet Archive, we appreciate it!!

2 comments:

zillagord said...

Love this flick! One of the best of the Japanese monster movies. Thanks for reminding me, haven't seen it in awhile!

EEGAH!! said...

No problem buddy, glad to see you're still hanging in there with us, and yes, reminded myself I need to watch it again too!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??