Monday, August 17, 2015

~ 13 WILD HORROR POSTERS FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT ~

It's time for a change up pitch from Tabonga! Today is just pure eye candy with 13 eye-catching posters that will make your eyeballs pop with pleasure, so, here ya' go...

You can't beat some of these Hammer double bill posters, this one here for example!

Look at this strange Euro poster for THE MONSTER THAT CHALLENGED THE WORLD, pretty weird... I mean, like, it's a freakin' water monster for cripes sake!!

Wow, that red background really makes this one pop for REVENGE OF THE CREATURE.

And, how about this rare British poster for THE FLY, I wonder if it's for a re-release showing.

It's not every day you see such a kitschy poster for GODZILLA, King of the Monsters!

The artwork for this TEENAGE MONSTER poster reminds me of the fifties Beacon paperback sex novel covers!

Love this great looking Euro poster for I, DOCTOR JEKYLL.

Definitely one of the best poster from the movie, ISLAND OF TERROR!

One Hell of a poster, translation is NIGHT OF THE UNDEAD.

This one cracks me up, it's for THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION. Makes me wonder what the kids in Japan must have thought when they saw this turkey for the first time! Like, you know, compared to MATANGO!

I think this poster is from Turkey, and, I'm pretty sure it has something to do with an octopus.

A really nice Asian poster from DAY OF THE DEAD...

We'll end with this great poster I think from the YOKAI MONSTERS series, have fun kids!

2 comments:

iain said...

THE FLY poster is almost certainly of recent design, the UK original was nothing like the rather imaginative specimen you've posted which looks like something the Alamo Drafthouse Cinemas' artists might come up with (in fact in the post-war UK, the artwork for movie posters tended to be slapdash and poorly printed, usually in two colors if that). We were an impoverished country, exhausted by the 2 World Wars, and things didn't really perk up until the mid-1960s (the Hammer double bill, for example, is the exact same poster that was displayed outside the local ABC Theatre in my hometown. I was 14 when Evil of Frankenstein / Nightmare came to town, and despite the silly X rating, I made myself sound very grownup at the box office when I got my ticket for a Saturday matinee. It was 1964, and the Rolling Stones were about to come into town - again - on one of their early tours. Heady, exciting days!)

TABONGA! said...

Hi Iain - thank you for your very interesting comment, we enjoy the added info for this post...

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??