Wednesday, July 11, 2012

VAMPIRE CIRCUS - David Whitaker - "Not So Really Big" (1972)

I watched "Vampire Circus" over a year ago, and there hasn't been a day gone by that I thought I should be telling you about it! Oh, well, like everything else, I'm positive it's somebody's favourite film, and I will give the makers credit for one thing, Great Title!!! The only thing that sounds like more fun than a "Vampire Circus" would be a Zombie Circus!!

Really, do yourself a big favor and go out and buy or download the 1970 album by the incredible band called The Flock entitled "Dinosaur Swamps," and listen to their song called "Uranian Sircus" and your time will be much better spent!

The local denizens throw out the welcome mat! "Yay, the circus is in town!"

Man, this is some freakin' exciting shit, isn't it, and I don't even especially like pinche payasos!!

You probably don't want to watch the main act with your grand kids!

It's not every day you get to see a David Bowie wannabe and a bear's ass this close together!

The way the things have been going lately, if I was a chick I would look like this about 90% of the time, and especially when it came around to watching movies like this!

"Hey old dude, get out of my friggin' shot!"

If there had only been a little Volkswagen with about 13 little Count Chocula clowns in it, I might have had a different opinion!

Mostly the only real thing I can remember about watching "Vampire Circus" was that it didn't interest me at all, and I'm willing to make a wager that "At The Earth's Core" was more exciting! At one time I had about 30 films ready to go, soundclips and all, right now, I've got two, and this is one of them! David Whitaker, the composer of this music just passed away in January of this year, and was also the man responsible for the music in "Scream And Scream Again," "Dr Jekyll & Sister Hyde," and "Old Drac" among other things!

The vampires have literally sucked the life out of this movie!

I have a policy of never trusting any dude who wears some kind of dog collar around his neck, and that has got to be the world's worst widow's peak ever!

"Come here little girl!" Yuck!

I have no doubt I would just punch this sucker in the face, and if that didn't work....

.....This is how we dealt with vampires back in my time, put a neck lock or a damn chokehold on the bastard, cause I don't care if you're dead or not, you will go down again!

"La, La, La, La La La La!" You'd think a "Vampire Circus" would be a lot more fun! "Something Wicked This Way Comes" this ain't, and even though we always try and give credit where credit is due, this flick is a debit!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The strongman is David Prowse - Daeth Vader!

JS

Prof. Grewbeard said...

along with Dracula Has Risen from the Grave & Quatermass and the Pit, VC is one of my favorite Hammers. "don't bless me, pay me!" thanx for the great scans!

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Jeez Prof, If I had known it was one of your favourites, I would have been kinder! Now, I guess I'm going to have to try it again someday! It could very well be that when I watched it I was just in a shitty mood, that happens sometimes!

Eegah!! and Tabonga! said...

Daeth Vader! I like it, a cross between Darth and Death!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??