Friday, November 1, 2019

DRACULA'S LAB / Richard Olson: Monster Kid Home Movies - 1967

Okay, since Halloween Countdown is back in the grave, I plan on ricocheting all over the place this month since I have a big variety o' stuff to choose from. Today, we gots another episode of terror from those Monster Kids back in the day!

Oh yeah, the dumb kids forgot to make a title card, so, I made one for them...

Well, it looks like someone's in their dime store mad lab, doing something! Wonder what it is...

So, first you add some Dr. Pepper, then some Fizzies and licorice Neccos, add sugar, stir well and drink it all down. What could possibly happen now, you ask...

Here's what could happen... A freakin' little Dracula!

Then the crazy little vampire transforms into a bat after a giant puff of smoke fills the lab...

And viola, he's at the cemetery, in the daytime!!.. What the Hell kind of Dracula is he, anyway?

He starts running, he runs and runs and runs through the gravestones. In the first pic, you can see that Lil' Drac forgot to tuck his shirt in, stupid kids!

He runs a long time before he comes across another stupid kid, taking a nap!! Actually, he's supposed to be dead, because...

The vampire drags the guy all the way to his lab, which was about a mile away from the cemetery according to my estimation. I'd bet the dead guy's left side is scraped raw!!!

Anyway, Dracula somehow gets the dead one on the slab and puts two dealie-bobs at his neck.

He turns on the juice and before long the dead kid just wakes up! What the Hell now?

Drac looks at some x-rays he just made, and, after he checks them out, the stupid movie just ends!!.. So, if I wuz you, I'd tune in tomorrow to see what old Eegah!! has in store for us all, see you there, here, at The Dungeon!!..

4 comments:

KD said...

Actually, this is a pretty cool looking little film. I mean, it's in b&w, it has interesting (dutch) camera angles, odd lighting, I'd say more interesting looking than the usual "Monster Kid" (an appalling appellation!) amateur 8mm flick. And where'd he get those gen-yoo-wine x-rays, anyhow? Was his dad a doc? Hmmm...

TABONGA! said...

Hey K - I totally agree, this was a good one, maybe the b/w helped too. I always say 'stupid kids' because that's a quote from Eddie in THE CREEP...

TABONGA! said...

Oh, ps - I also mean that Eegah!! and I did a ton of weird stuff that would have earned us the moniker... 'Stupid Kids'

Out of all our piers, we were the only real Monster Kids in town, some dabbled! Man, we were coo coo for Caltiki and Cat-Women! ~ And of course, Famous Monsters!

KD said...

I was into Famous Monsters (FM) in the early '60s, but the magazine that really floated my boat in the mid and late '60s was Castle of Frankenstein (COF). Forry's zine was cool, but by the mid-60s I was more into sci-fi than horror, and while 4SJ was historically a sci-fi guy, the Universal monsters got more coverage, except for the occasional pictorial or "filmbook" sci-film coverage. The tiny print and broader coverage of COF kept me busy for weeks, even though I usually wanted to kick Joe Dante in the butt for his dismissal of so many good b-sci-fi movies in his "Dante's Inferno" column.*

*For those who don't know this, filmmaker Joe Dante wrote snarky capsule film reviews for the COF magazine, under his column tagged 'Dante's Inferno'. :P

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??