Wednesday, November 6, 2019

JOHN KLINGS ABENTEUER - "Nachtexpress" (1965)

Back in April I was introduced to the German TV show "John Klings's Abenteuer" but there wasn't really any way to watch one of the shows only a few months ago!
So, pull up a seat, cause it's time for Wünderbar Wednesday in The Dungeon!

Shhh..........
Don't tell anybody but now there are a bunch of high quality episodes streaming on YouTube, and even though they are in German with no sub-titles, I can enjoy them with my limited knowledge of the German language, and the help of Lord Litter in Berlin, who was able to supply me with a enough of a synopsis that I could kinda know what the Hell is going on!

 I'm telling you, somebody's going to make a fortune some day, and all they have to do is provide voice overs or sub-titles, because there are shows like this that people in the U.S. know nothing about, but I'm sure they'd like to if they just knew!

 "Nachtexpress" was episode one of the "John Klings's Abenteuer"show.

John Kling and Jones Burthe have got this very important package to deliver from Turkey to Udine in Northern Italy, and they're going to have to get on the night train to get it there safely, hence the title "Nachtexpress!"
"All aboard, all aboard for the Night Train!"

 This punk has got a camera that looks like a camera but is actually a high powered gun!

Lore Calvies is Daniela! 
Daniela is in every third or fourth scene, and she's always checking her makeup!
Lore was Frau Kling in the German TV series "Die Pulvermänner" which roughly translates to "The Powder People." I don't know about you, but I think there's something fishy going on here!

The bad guys want the soil sample in that package really bad, and it seems like everybody on the train is against John and Jones. Knockout drops is one way to get things started!

 He should be asleep by now, so we'll just quietly drill a hole in the door without anybody noticing as long as you don't look too crazy back there!

 I will now just insert this piece of 5/16" clear vinyl tubing into the hole, and fill the compartment with lethal gas of unknown origin!
That package is as good as ours!

 Hey man, WTF!?

 Jeez, John, are you all right??

 Dieser scheiss ist vermasselt!
I think I'll just smoke my 19th cigarette in this 30 minute episode!

 When Daniela isn't checking her makeup, she's making krazy eyes at somebody!

 John and Jones have just about had it with these bozos!

 It's pretty much non-stop excitement!

 Dammit, I forgot the punchline!

 Daniela, looking good as ever, has one more chance to check her makeup!

 The trick was all those jerks spent all that time trying to get the package, when John Kling had sent the one real one through the good old fashioned mail system, so all that poisoning, hole drilling, gassing, and knife throwing was for naught!

This isn't the book about the "Nightexpress" but it does have a train on the cover!

             
Anyway, if you don't believe me, go check it out for yourself!

3 comments:

Randall Landers said...

Groovy music!

EEGAH!! said...

Yeah, I was having so much fun I forgot all about telling you the that the music was by another genius composer, Gerhard Narholz..Thanx for the reminder!!

KD said...

That is cool music! Another "over there" composer I like is Oskar Sala...

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??