Wednesday, August 16, 2017

4 + 1 PAPERBACK BOOKS MADE INTO 1950'S & 60's HORROR MOVIES!

When I was digging out my paperback copy of "Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas" the other day, I was reminded that I had a couple of other paperback movie books in my library, and here they are! It's pretty obvious by the prices how long I've had these!  First up is the Jack Finney Dell first edition that was made into the terrific 1956 movie "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers!"

Here's a very cool Berkley Books cover of the H.G. Wells classic that was made into the 1960 film,

John Wyndham's awesome Crest novel made for a killer 1962 film called "The Day Of The Triffids!"

The Bantam novel "The Circus Of Dr. Lao" by Charles G. Finney turned into "7 Faces Of Dr. Lao" in 1964!

And in a complete reversal, here's a Ballantine book that was a novel based on the screenplay for Mel Brooks' 1974 movie "Young Frankenstein!"
Those were all from my personal collection, I'm sure a lot more would turn up in a good internet search! (I actually ended up trying that and I was surprised how few I found!)

3 comments:

AndyMinion said...

As a kid, I had that very edition of "Young Frankenstein", and possibly came close to memorising the whole darn thing. I suspect I'd find it pretty unreadable today, but to a Univeral Monsters-obsessed kid whose bible was the Denis Gifford "Pictorial History of the Horror Movies", it was pure comedy gold.

(I recently discovered my ancient, tatty copy of the "Silent Movie" paperback, too - which is essentially an illustrated screenplay with flickbooks incorporated into the corners. A pretty pointless tie-in, but very cool...)

Love the blog, by the way. Been visiting for years, and have been moved to seek out many awful films by you chaps. Many thanks.

EEGAH!! said...

Thanx Andy! Glad we've helped you waste hours of your life watching crap! May bad taste reign supreme forever!

Dr. Theda said...

The copy of Day of the Triffids that we read in Summer of 8th grade...

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??