Monday, August 21, 2017

10 MOVIES TABONGA! LOVES TO WATCH AGAIN! Part 2

Welp, here are 10 more movies Tabonga! loves to watch again!.. When I get my fill of regular cable shows, I turn my little DVD player on and throw on a disc from my library of over 500 older titles to soothe my monstrous soul.

On my last post, Randall Landers lamented that I didn't include THE FLESH EATERS, so, here it is! This movie is so unique and a real horror when you throw in the deleted Nazi swimming pool flesh eating experiment scenes, wild stuff! My favorite parts include poor old Omar and the monster after it grows to an enormous size, awesome flick!!

OMG!!.. MASTER MINDS is my favorite Bowery Boys title, it's even better than THE BOWERY BOYS MEET THE MONSTERS! It also stars Dungeon Hero, Glenn Strange, as Atlas the Monster. I swear, when Sach and Atlas get their minds switched, the fun really begins. Glenn is freakin' hilarious when he mimes the voice and mannerisms of Sach!! Everyone needs to see this flick, no kidding, comes with my highest seal of approval...

KRONOS kicked my ass when I saw it in 1957 at only 9 years old, and, I still love to watch this great sci-fi flick again (and, again)!

I totally love THE ATOMIC SUBMARINE, man, what a wild 'n' weird movie with the cyclops saucer and cyclops monster. In fact, I love it so much that I watched it again last night!

Brit Richard Gordon produced both FIRST MAN INTO SPACE and THE ATOMIC SUBMARINE, making for a ton of thrills for us. We have a great blood thirsty monster covered with meteor dust and it also stars our Professor, there on the right.

THE HORROR OF PARTY BEACH is another movie I love to watch again! Where to begin... Atomic monsters, great songs by the Del-Aires, tons of mutilations, hot chicks in their Ford convertible, Hank, Elaine, Eulabelle, sodium, terror, horror, drunk idiots and so much more!

I got to see THE BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS in 1957, liked it then, love it now! Although a little hokey at times (especially when the airliner 'splodes), the Brain in the still looks pretty damn creepy, you have to admit!

Wow, FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER, love this out of control flick, it has so much going on. Bob Crewe supplies the great pop music for this thing, but, what I always notice the most is the horrible ear makeup on Dr. Nadir and his chant... Maximum Energy!!!

MESA OF LOST WOMEN is another movie that blows my mind, The fun never stops, you gots giant spiders, Jackie Coogan, Tarantella, Lyle Talbot, George Barrows, Katherine Victor, crazy music by Hoyt Curtin, midgets, spider women, a mad lab in the Muerte Desert, a wacky airplane and more! Still love to watch this one again!

ATTACK OF THE 50 FOOT WOMAN has so much schlock going on, you can't help but love it! My favorite character is Nancy's butler, Jess, he's one tough old dude! So, there you are, another pile of movies Tabonga! loves to watch again. It looks like I'll have two more of these posts since I have so many movies I love! Tune in Wednesday as we continue adding more cargo to our old Dungeon Cyclopedia...

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

More terrific movies! THANKS for the memories!

I remember seeing BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS for the first time on a Saturday afternoon in 1963, on the very first Chiller Theater on WIIC channel 11 in Pittsburgh...that was before Bill "Chilly Billy" Cardille began hosting the show (although he was hosting Studio Wrestling on the same channel around that time). It's still one of my top 5 favorite sci-fi films of all time!

We used to keep an old, original, beat-up 8x10 glossy of the cyclops from ATOMIC SUBMARINE behind a viewscreen in my full-scale spaceship set in the 2-car garage back in the early '80s...he was our studio mascot! =}

Dr. Theda said...

Always Liked Kronos (saw it on TV around the same time that we first saw "The Monolith Monsters"
And just got a copy of the Flesh Eaters... We loved that one as a kid... Cool choices, Guys !!!

Timmy Crabcakes said...

Flesh Eaters blew me away when I first saw it. How had I gone for so long and never heard of it? It doesn't seem to have gotten the same rotation as lot of the others mentioned here.

First Man Into Space did get on the rotation though. I saw it on TV as a kid and it scared the bejeesus out of me. It's been a long time since I last saw it but I bet it still holds up.

Randall Landers said...

Great choices!! Love KRONOS, ATOMIC SUBMARINE, BRAIN FROM PLANET AROUS. Got to join Dr. Thelda is some love for MONOLITH MONSTERS! And I need to see FIRST MAN INTO SPACE. Looks like QUATERMASS 1!

Anonymous said...

I never did get to see FLESH EATERS back in the 1960s, in fact I didn't see it until a wayward VHS tape came my way in the 1980s. But the thing(s) that freaked me out the most about this movie were the TV spot that I saw on our local station in the '60s, and the FAMOUS MONSTERS #29 cover with the wild painting on the cover, and right below the big yellow letters "FLESH EATERS" were the big white letters "JERRY LEWIS"! I thought sure that the screaming face on the cover of that issue was actually Jerry Lewis being zapped to death by a Flesh Eater! That thought alone kept away this poor sheltered widdle sci-fi kid!

TABONGA! said...

If you put THE FLESH EATERS in our title search on the right, you will eventually get (keep viewing older posts) to the Nazi experiment scenes! Go check that out!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, TABONGA! Found it, and whew...that would have given this kid apoplexy at that age! I guess I need to dig out my Dark Sky DVD again...

Grant said...

I've still never seen Master Minds, but there's a still of it in my first ever issue of Famous Monsters, ans that's enough to make me sentimental about it.

Anonymous said...

I'm with Grant, in that I've never seen MASTER MINDS...it's the one film in this entry that I've somehow missed. The first issue of FM I had, I can't recall, except that I first became aware of FM when I bought one of the old 98-cent Aurora monster models, and there was an ad card in the box for FM. My favorite issue of FM I can more easily recall: the one with OUTER LIMITS on the cover, issue number 26 I believe, depicting a Thetan with added fangs!

Anonymous said...

The Professor's grandson (your London correspondent by spiritual proxy!) is most grateful for "First Man Into Space" being on your must see again list!
Oooooh I say; jolly good show my dear chap... with awfully nice wishes from all those very nice English folk in London Town...
M

TABONGA! said...

Back at you M, and, nice to hear from you as always...

Anonymous said...

Always a pleasure to support the best cult movie site in the galaxy...
- I hope to have some more material for you soon will update you ASAP
M

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??