Saturday, January 21, 2017

TWIN PEAKS - David Lynch - Pilot Episode (1990)

Tonight's Saturday Night Special is the pilot for the wowser David Lynch TV show from 1990 called "Twin Peaks!" Personally, I always knew about "Twin Peaks," but missed it the first go round, my daughter had just turned one, if you know what I mean! So I got this copy, and so now, I'm hooked, and I'm going to binge watch the whole series most likely!

And I did not know until I started writing this, that a new 25 years later continuance story of "Twin Peaks" is due to be on TV in a couple of months, but since I don't think it's a channel I get, I'll have plenty of time to watch these original episodes in the meantime!

These opening shots are great!

"Twin Peaks" is obtuse, so any tribute to it like this should be too!

Your first introduction to Laura Palmer!

If you have no clue what this all about, and you see this shot, does it make you want to see this show?
If not, it should!

Looks like a postcard!

TENSION!!

Now I'm hungry!

Damn! I had a crush on Peggy Lipton forever, and she looks just as good as she did in "Mod Squad" some 20+ years earlier! I just saw she will also be in the new version, so now I'm going to have to watch it for sure!

I truly hope they can re-create the feel successfully in the new version!

It's just a hunch, but I will bet you dollars to doughnuts there will be feet shots in the new version too!

It's about 20 degrees out, and this gal is walking on a bridge in a dirty negligee! I really want to get this done right now so I can watch the next episode!

The always amazing Russ (Tom Thumb, West Side Story, Dracula vs. Frankenstein, Human Highway) Tamblyn is Dr. Lawrence Jacoby, and he is also going to be in the new 2017 version! He was cracking me up here!

You want to talk about being distracted?

Okay! No Shit! This is my favourite shot for 2017 so far!
"Gas Farm?" Sounds like a Spinal Tap song!

And this is my second favourite shot!!

Okay, somebody get me some coffee!!

No comments:

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??