Wednesday, July 8, 2015

CAR OF TOMORROW - Tex Avery (1951)

Welcome to the future.....1951 style!

There's a big automobile show going on to showcase all the new styles of cars, and it's all brought to you by Mr. Tex Avery!

If you don't know if this car is coming or going, it's because it is actually heading towards you!

Here's a bright idea how to seat a lot more passengers!

These seats might just be a little too plush!

THIS is just down right weird!

This is the posterior of the same vehicle!

Need a little shade?

This seal beam headlight gag was so lame they nixed it themselves!

This car is so modern, it doesn't even use gas!

Here's one of the first cars with the engine in the rear!

This design wins my award for the strangest of them all!

A car with a hole cut in the roof just in case you own a giraffe!

Let's just hope that's her index finger!

Here's how they deal with pesky pedestrians in the future!

This car has a lot of horse power!

This one was called the hill climber!

Cars were pretty reasonably priced back in 1951!

Well, as least as long as you didn't have too many add-on accessories!
I'll be back on Saturday with more cartoon tales of the future! Until then, drive safe!!

7 comments:

Dr. Theda said...

Have not seen this cartoon since I was a Kid....
as Always... Great Post... and an enjoyable post as well...
(never knew about the Seal Headlights" gag...)

Grant said...

That one close to the bottom is a little too close to home for me. I live in a part of the country that's obsessed with cars, so plenty of drivers would probably like to literally sweep pedestrians out of the way.

Dr. Theda said...

a bit of a
ruthless" way to deal with pedestrians....LOL...
Did Not know that your wonderful blog was listed as "Movie Monster Music".... Cool... my Reading List only lists you as "13"...
Thank you good Sirs for your kind words of "support"
A great day to you both...

A Man Called Da-da said...

Is this available on DVD??

Eegah!! said...

Dunno Da-da, probably on one of those 500 cartoon sets. I downloaded this copy from the Internet Archive for free.

Anonymous said...

Was it part of a specific collection? I can't find it.

Eegah!! said...

Yeah, it was part of a collection but I think it was mislabeled, Hell I just spent 20 minutes looking and I couldn't even find it again myself. I love the Internet Archive but their site tends to be a bit convoluted at times! If I find it again, I'll post the link but for now, that's all I have got!

Monster Music

Monster Music
AAARRGGHHH!!!! Ya'll Come On Back Now, Y'Hear??